Saturday, May 2, 2009

In Las Vegas for Manny Pacquiao

The hubby and I are in Las Vegas to watch Manny Pacquiao battle Ricky Hatton tonight at the MGM. I'm filled with such pride because I think Manny truly represents the Filipino culture well. I love how he is so humble, is faithful to his God and shows respect at all times.

Having worked in pro-sports for over 5 years now, I'm always amazed at how sports has such an impact on all walks of life. The Pacman has not only gained great respect from his opponents and boxing fans all over the world, but he has lifted the spirit of an entire country. Now that's amazing!

So I'm sitting here in our hotel room waiting to head out to the mall, anxious to watch the fight tonight live. We arrived last night and will be taking it easy all of today (shopping, etc). My husband and I are very excited for tonight's fight!!!! Woo hoo! No matter the outcome, I'm *hands down* a Manny fan and feel very fortunate to witness one of his fights. Let's go, Manny! Filipino! Filipino!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

How cool! Have a great time and we can't wait to see some pics!

xoxo
Sara

Happy NSD!

Sportsbettingcentre said...

Hard to say as a dejected Brit but I don't blame you for being proud. Yman is going to dominate his division for a long time. Well done Pac Man, you have made a lot of people proud.

wendy said...

Sounds like fun! I'm jealous of you being in Vegas! :)